2012 Emerging Engagement Scholars Workshop
The 2012 Emerging Engagement Scholars Workshop takes place September 30– October 3, 2012 in conjunction with the National Outreach Scholarship Conference at the University of Alabama. Sponsors of the workshop include the University of Alabama, the National Outreach Scholarship Conference partner institutions, and the National Center for the Study of University Engagement (NCSUE) at Michigan State University.
This workshop will provide advanced graduate students and early career faculty with background literature, facilitated discussion, and presentations from national leaders and community partners designed to increase their awareness and knowledge of community engaged scholarship. Participation is limited and interested applicants must be nominated to be part of this workshop.
Applications are now being accepted for the 2012 Emerging Engagement Scholars Workshop. Please click HERE to learn more about the Workshop and to submit an application.The deadline for receipt of applications is Wednesday, April 30, 2012. Successful applicants will be notified mid May 2012.
Applicants for this program should be:
- Graduate students or junior faculty members with an interest in community engagement and engaged scholarship, and
- Involved or interested in research that contributes to their discipline while making a positive impact on external stakeholders.
Applicants must also demonstrate:
- A desire for new learning about engaged scholarship,
- An interest in working with faculty across disciplines to explore and learn more about how engaged scholarship might be carried out, and
- The capacity to effectively communicate the results of their research to public, academic, and other external audiences.
For more information and to complete the application: